||Tools for Production Systems of the Future
||Omaechevarria Cearra, Olatz
||Technical University of Denmark, DTU, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
The title of the project is "Tools for production system of the future" for Department of Manufacturing Engineering and Management in the Technical University of Denmark and the report have been made in the period 1/9 -2004 - 1/3 2005.
Given to the technological advances of the last years, a company to be different from other competitors, will have to offer to the customers a satisfactory services and in addition to a minimum production cost of the product. For it, they will have to be applied some philosophies, such as Lean Production, to be able to get higher output performance with fewer inputs, to decide the aspects that goes to outsource, etc. In order to obtain the opportune improvements in the company will use ourselves certain tools and we will have to plan the work that we want achieve, with the objectives to reach and to do a follow-up of the action plans to correct the deviations and to obtain a continuous improvement.
My report is primarily theoretical. It is divided in two different parts, one the theoretic and another the application of this theory to the case of a virtual company that makes refrigerators.
The divided project this in 8 chapters, and the content of each one is the following one:
- Introduction. The market and the product in general.
- Life cycle of the product (LCA). The refrigerator and the services that must offer the company
- General concepts theories. The theoretical concepts that are to consider a company.
- Physical product. Different parts of a refrigerator.
- Case study. The process of manufacture and production planning.
- Simulation. The simulation of the production system
- Application of the theoretical concepts.
||Danish title: Værktøjer for fremtidens produktionssystemer
||Institut for Produktion og Ledelse, DTU
||LEAN Manufacturing; Production Systems; Simulation
Creation date: 2006-06-22
Update date: 2008-01-11