|Title||An International Marketing Plan for AQUIS Pressure Optimization|
|Translated title||En International Marketing Plan for AQUIS Trykoptimering|
|Author||Bracker, Thomas (Copenhagen University College of Engineering, IHK)
|Institution||Ingeniørhøjskolen i København, IHK, DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark|
|Thesis level||Bachelor thesis|
|Education||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Abstract||7-Technologies, or more specifically the company’s Utilities business unit, has inquired for an investigation of its new automatic Pressure Optimization module to reduce leakage in water distribution networks. The investigation goes on revealing what potential lies in the module, to identify international target markets for the module, and to propose a corresponding penetration strategy on the identified target markets. These aspects form the scope of the project.
At first, a situation analysis was conducted. This contains the analysis of the module’s potential, which has been conducted in cooperation with a pilot study waterworks in Birkerød and 7-Technologies. The situation analysis exposed vital information to be included in the following part of the project: the market screening. Market screening was performed on select markets and two was singled out as the target markets for the module: Norway and Sweden. The main conclusions on the proposed marketing strategy for AQUIS Pressure Optimization are summarized in the following:
• 7-Technologies should employ a product adaptation strategy to comply with the Norwegian and Swedish waterworks’ needs.
• 7-Technologies should focus on green branding with special emphasis put on the 6Cs of clean tech.
• 7-Technologies should use going-rate pricing at first, and when more testing has been conducted value-based pricing should be preferred.
• 7-Technologies should exploit its current strategic alliances, and employ System Integrators as distribution channels in line with its own sales force.
• 7-Technologies should use a no-cure-no-pay policy to penetrate the Norwegian and Swedish markets. Moreover, lobbying at water-related trade fairs is strongly advised.
• 7-Technologies should invite prospects to Birkerød Waterworks, as per arrangement with managing director Henning Saabøll, to experience the utility’s results.
• 7-Technologies should endeavor to establish a shared vision about the module with its System Integrators in order to encourage sales.
• 7-Technologies should put a focus on establishing references, preferably in Norway and Sweden, to provide strong physical evidence for prospects.
|Admin||Creation date: 2011-01-13 Update date: 2013-07-10 Source: ihk ID: ihk-9571509 Original MXD|